Friday, May 21, 2010

refrigerator tales.

you can tell i am by myself this week simply by my eating habits. yesterday? i ate probably 1/2 of the big batch of broccoli salad that i made the day before.  (the other half i ate the day that i made it, so it's gone now. good thing there's more broccoli in the fridge...).  i ate strawberries and hummus and more strawberries and some dirty blondes (they're like blondies, but with more chocolate) and some leftover bread.

you know what i DIDN'T eat?

meat.

at all. haven't eaten meat since musicboy left. 

i am fairly certain that's all he's eaten, along with bread, since he left. although he did tell me he ate broccoli last night. he went to some place where they sell food by the pound, which he thought was a really good idea. 

anyway.

what did i eat today?

too many banana waffles (really--too many. i feel a little blech.).  i will likely make more broccoli salad and perhaps some more pasta salad and call it a day. 

but still no meat. 

interesting.

--

also, i finally got my books from the library. this is what i checked out with: two DVDs (party!), a 995 page truman biography, the great gatsby, ramona the pest and ramona the brave. 

if that's not an eccentric library trip, i just don't know what is.

3 comments:

  1. You're LDS, right? I think mentioning of lack of meat is interesting.
    Doctrine and Covenants 89:
    12 Yea, aflesh also of beasts and of the fowls of the air, I, the Lord, have ordained for the use of man with thanksgiving; nevertheless they are to be used sparingly;
    13 And it is pleasing unto me that they should not be used, only in times of winter, or of cold, or famine.
    So, basically, you shouldn't eat meat most of the time anyway. I've always thought that was interesting, as most LDS I know eat meat with every meal, but look at coffee like the most vile drink in existence.
    Also, sounds like you're in for a wonderful time reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. tricia, how did you find my blog?

    yes, the word of wisdom does suggest that we eat meat sparingly. i believe most people break down the word of wisdom into the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. the letter of the law would be no coffee, tea, alcohol, tobacco, and drugs. the spirit would be to eat well, to eat vegetables and fruits and grains and basically eat the way we are all supposed to eat.

    since we're all just trying to do the best that we can in life in general, and we're all at a different place in our lives, i think most LDS folks embrace the letter of the law and work to live the spirit of the law as well.

    also, i forgot about turkey bacon in the broccoli salad. so i guess i have eaten meat.

    oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog because you once commented on my friend Waylon's blog. I clicked the link, read your blog, and thought it was wonderfully well written and funny.
    I understand the letter v. spirit. I don't have any issue with those who eat meat. I'm also a defender of the LDS faith to anyone who dares to call it into question. Not because I am LDS, but because if any religion is true, it's probably yours.

    ReplyDelete