Tuesday, January 12, 2010

on a day like today, those 31 calories are like a gold medal.

today was a rough day.

i managed to navigate my way through it pretty well--at the end of the day, i'm not ashamed of anything that i said or did.  well, maybe a few moments of less-than-patience and my lack of motivation to get everything done, but otherwise, considering, i think it went pretty well.

i don't want to talk about the details--all is well, now, so there's no need, and i feel like a blog is as much about what you don't say as about what you do--but i just wanted to record here three things:

1) today was a rough day that began way too early and had roughness.
2) i dealt with it pretty okayly.
3) i didn't eat my way through it or give myself permission to do anything else self-destructive except not to go to the gym.

these things are good.

now i will try to finish my planning for rural cc classes so that i can keep myself on my carefully crafted schedule, and crawl into my warm, comfy bed.  i think i will be surprised if that crawling doesn't happen before musicboy even arrives home from class.  i now give myself permission to read my book, the one that has nothing whatsoever to do with my dissertation or my job, when i do and to fall asleep when i feel so inclined.

these things are also good. 

1 comment:

  1. Good job on not turning to calories after a rough day! I came home to chaos and finished off half of an ice cream cake and jeez, I wonder why I'm not losing any weight these days... :)

    Girl, you rock! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete