- for a husband who knows just what to say, even when there's nothing to say. today? "i don't know why Satan is so invested in me," i said. he said "because Heavenly Father is." and that was exactly what i needed to hear.
- for a baby who watched me cry with this look in her eyes that just spoke to pure love and a tender curiosity about what was wrong. i don't know that she's ever seen me cry before, not really. her sweet heart was so evident. then she fell asleep, and when i kissed her cheek she smiled. i did it again to see if it was a fluke. it wasn't. that was exactly what i needed to see.
- for the knowledge that when life is wearing you down, it's also rubbing off the rough spots in your character.
- for the power of prayer.
- for the reality of a Savior who can succor me because He knows what I have been through, what i will go through, what i need, and how i feel. no one else does, no matter what. they may sympathize, but He can truly empathize.
- for this, which i read shortly after praying for help and guidance: "
Friday, August 19, 2011
Posted by teachergirl at 1:27 PM